The following post will help with adopting the device showing the following status: Disconnected state/Adoption failed/Isolated state.
Please check the status of the device in the controller while performing each step and make sure that the device and controller are in the same network or reachable to each other.
IMP: If you have physical access to the device then you can easily re-adopt the device by physically resetting it and if not then follow the steps below.
- Power cycle the device (To do this please unplug the power from the device wait for about a minute then replug the power and let the LED of the AP be stable blue/amber depends on the generation of the model.)
- First, confirm the IP of the AP and check if the IP is reachable by pinging the IP. (For windows user use command prompt and for mac os use terminal). You also can check the IP of the by looking under the router’s connected client table or run an Advance IP Scanner.
- Now if the IP is reachable that’s good, but if not make sure you check physical connections such as cables, connectors, power supply and if possible also, try with new cable (Cat6 preferred).
- If the IP is reachable then first temporary disable the firewall and antivirus on the system and check.
- Now that you have confirmed the IP of AP and its reachability note that IP and forget the AP from the controller. (To forget the AP go to Device tab>Click on the device>configuration>Manage device>forgot.
- Then SSH into the APs and set-inform to the IP address of the controller. (The IP address of the controller will be the IP address of the system on which the controller is installed so never get confused with IP of AP and IP of the controller)
7. After executing the right set-inform command check the status and if the status doesn’t change, Go to SSH terminal and type info hit enter. You will find the device information and “Status”.
- Unknown 11: Make sure the AP is not adopted in some other controller or there is proper controller’s Ip used while set-inform.
- Server rejects: The controller and device communication happen over the TCP 8080 port. Make sure the port is outbound open and if the adoption is remote then make sure that its opened bidirectional.
- Not adopted: Check if the device is showing in another site of the controller if you have created. Otherwise, some of the AP are EOL and not supported/discovered by the controller version greater than 5.6.42.
- Connected: The device is adopted in the controller.
- After following above steps if the issue still persists then you need to adopt the AP by directly connected to PC for that the steps are as follows:
Also, Here are some articles which will help you out with more understanding:
1. The most common cause of adoption failures and disconnected state: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204950304-UniFi-Troubleshooting-Device-Adoption-Failures
2. Device adoption process and information: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012622613-UniFi-Device-Adoption
After following this if your issue is still pending then feel free to use the power of commenting or contact us.