I know this is a headache when you are all set but enabling unifi cloud access is not in favor with you. Here you will find a solution to work with when cloud access stuck in following states: Disconnected/Stuck Connecting/Error registering credentials
NOTES & REQUIREMENTS TO ENABLE UNIFI CLOUD ACCESS : A UBNT account is needed to use cloud access via https://unifi.ubnt.com. This article will help if more information on how to create a UBNT account is needed.
System Requirements :
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10: UniFi Controller Software v4.8.15 or above
- Mac OS X: UniFi Controller Software v4.8.15 or above
- Linux: Please search for the release notes for your Linux operating system here to determine if your version has any specific requirements outside of the general information provided here.
- 64-bit Java
- Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Windows IE 10 (or above)
Let’s sort out some following points to handle basic troubleshooting:
1. Make sure the controller is connected to the internet. ( You can check that by pinging any public DNS such as 18.104.22.168).
2. As of UniFi 5.9, if using Cloud access, the UniFi Network controller device requires outbound 8883/tcp to be open/unrestricted. Find up-to-date port requirements here
3. Make sure you have JAVA 64 bit installed. The java 64-bit compulsory required to enable cloud access for software installations.
If you are using cloud key then check the following points:
1. Check if you fulfill the point number 1 and 2 from the above section.
2. SSH into the cloud key and check if you can ping unifi.ubnt.com.
3. If you have done all of the above and still the issue persist then follow steps below:
- Take the backup of the controller first.
- Then make sure you have 8883 TCP port open outbound on the cloud key’s IP address.
- If it still gives a problem. Keep cloud key on static IP with the proper gateway and primary DNS 22.214.171.124 and secondary DNS 126.96.36.199.
I am sure that this will help unless you are not in some weird situation. And if the issue still persists comment section is calling you…
Also, If you have any issues with access unifi controller or login issues you can check my following post here.